last night

It kinda blows my mind knowing that this is our last night residing at 1394 Milo Center Rd.  It blows my mind so much that I'm blogging at 10:44 PM (may never happen again) (no promises though ;]). I wouldn't say I'm super sentimental, but at the same time this house as many memories tied to it.  First house I bought, first house we lived in after getting married, first house I've had to entirely pack to move to a new house. :)  While it definitely served it's purpose for the 2.5ish years I've lived here...I am looking forward to the adventures and "firsts" our new house has in store for us.  The last few months living here I haven't done too much in the way of improving, or decorating because I knew it was coming to an end.  And it was hard for me to invest more, into something that I knew was temporary.  Just a small quirk I have, I would have never made it as a renter.  Random fact about Patty:  I never signed a lease for any rental property.  I rented rooms from friends a couple of times, but just could never bare to do the year lease thing. :) Anyways.  I told Brad that I never want to move again.  This was in the middle of packing today.  Also, I'm not super organized when it comes to that task (packing).  I love the idea of people planning way ahead having boxes on hand and newspaper, and packing their boxes labeling what is in them and what room they belong in.  Here's me:

quickly texts mother-in-law about newspaper (yesterday)
quickly texts local business owner for boxes (yesterday) (and today)
walks around with a box in my hand and gingerly places random things in there, from 3 different rooms.  Sometimes wondering if I will ever want to take that item back out of the box.
Sometimes I remember to write 'glass' on the breakable boxes.

Goodness.  I'm a mess. :)

I forsee a lot of work in the near future, unpacking, sorting, packing my dad up, unpacking my dad...down?? lol.  It's obviously too late for me to be blogging. But anyways...It is all good things though. We will get through it and make memories in the process I'm sure.

Thanks for putting up with this little bit of ramblings, it just didn't seem right not to write.  :)

Goodnight!

1 comment:

  1. you'll fall in love with your new 'old' home: one box at a time, one room at a time, one project at a time,
    one stray sunbeam at a time, one step at a time~

    ReplyDelete