WYBDW

Heyy! I hope you drove safe on your way over here...it's crazy out!  Yesterday, was like 50 degrees into the evening, and the day before was similar I think.  Today, not even close! I'm pretty sure it's been snowing since I woke up! Like, not-giving-up snowing.  Like, I cancelled my Chinese lunch date with my girl-friend & baby-friend. THAT makes it serious. :]
There's proof! I guess I'll be doing some shoveling this afternoon!  Anyways...

WHAT HAVE I BEEN DOING?
This week, I've mostly been recovering from a busy weekend.  Our church hosted a youth event called The Gathering. It usually lasts about 24 hours but this year there was a group of 60ish kids who stayed a little longer.  I was in charge of meal planning, so leading up involved planning the menu, getting volunteers to help serve the food, making lists of food and grocery shopping. Luckily I had some awesome help so it made the load seem smaller.  It went really well, it seemed organized and like no one went hungry, which was the goal. Monday was the last morning we fed them, and then I had a pretty busy salon day, which is always good! So here I am, kinda enjoying being snowed in. A tiny bit. :)

WHAT HAVE I BEEN WATCHING?
a show I found on Netflix from the Animal Planet called Pitbulls and Parolees. :] Both categories are often not given a chance and pretty misunderstood I'd say, so it's nice seeing a lady who sees past that! She has a Pit rescue center where she has roughly 200 dogs that have been rescued and she hires ex-cons as workers on her farm. Their ultimate goal is to get them to the place that they can then be adopted out.  Why don't you go adopt this one or this exception to the Pit rule or this one . The only draw back is you'll have to go out to CA to get them...but you could visit Gina while you are there!!

WHAT HAVE I BEEN MAKING?
I am back to a crocheting phase. Secretly it's something I really love doing, but I am afraid if I don't set my needle down every once in awhile we'd all be walking around wearing crazy crocheted vests...including Tards. So I try to limit myself. Anyways, I saw a blanket like this on Instagram, and looooved it! This wasn't the original one but they are all on Etsy for quite a bit of moola. So..I decided to try to find a pattern and make one! I've had to become creative (story of my crocheting life since I don't know how to read a pattern) and I think I may end up cross stitching the heart on top. So I'm using some yarn I have on hand to kinda do a trial run, and then if I like how it turns out I'll probably go get some chunky soft fun stuff. 

WHATS UP WITH MY HAIR?
ha. welll my roots are getting pretty noticeable, but I think I'm done with the red. Sooo for now I'll just continue squinting at them so they don't look as bad and see what happens. This is where it's depressing how slow hair grows, cause seriously if I was to do the "natural thing" it would take yeaaaaaars to grow out. Unless it I chopped it. My other option is dying over it to match my roots, we'll see. I have a couple of wedding this year that I'd like to look presentable for soo it might just be a matter of time. I haven't been too creative with hair styles these days, I blame it on cold weather + lots of sweaters static problems.  But I did try a french twist on my hair last Sunday and thought it was pretty successful! 
Probably kinda hard to see but I didn't think to get a better picture. Oh how I hope this blog evolves over time..especially in the photo category! 

I think it would be fun to try This 'do sometime, kinda edgey but not at the same time. Any hair model volunteers? :]

WHAT AM I LOOKING FORWARD TO?
My trip to NC!!! Now that The Gathering is behind me, that's what keeps popping up in my mind! I have some new VIP to meet! 3 that have arrived in the last couple months, and one still in the oven. I. CANNOT.WAIT!!!! Not to mention, I would love a little dose of Southern weather!!

WHAT IS COMING FOR ME IN THE MAIL?
A book, a beanie, and a new phone cover.  It's about time I set myself up to get some happy mail. :]

WHAT AM I DOING THE REST OF THE DAY?
I think there is probably snow shoveling on the menu, although since the snow hasn't stopped it would seem pointless at this point to shovel cause it's just gonna fill in again soon. Probably more P&P, and crocheting. It's a hard knock life. ;]

WHAT IS MY ADVICE FOR THE DAY? 
Don't let your dog sleep on your feet, cause you will get gassed out numerous times. Also, don't let your husband get a clacky keyboard. unless you like this clackclackclackclackclackclackclack CLACKCLACKCLACKCLACKCLACKCLACKCLACK clackclackclackclack. You get the point. :]

**snowy day horrors!** We lost internet for a couple of hours juuust when I was going to publish my post. Pheww..it's back on. :] aaaaand....Publish!


2 comments:

  1. yay you to do all that cooking for all those people!! #yougogirl
    happy traveling to NC! Hope its warm for you there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always like this WYBDW posts…they make me feel like I'm just sitting and chatting with you. :)

    ReplyDelete